Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Business as Usual

I've managed to pull in about 300 million isk worth of materials from the 3 planets I'm currently harvesting. The setup for the manufacturing machine I've been building over and over again in my mind is getting closer to reality.

I have an alt and 3 other players in corp that were willing to undergo the skill training needed to make this happen. They are all on schedule and 2 are completely finished with it and ready to go.

They finished a little sooner than I thought, not that that is a bad thing, there's plenty to do. I believe tonight I will start assigning light duties to the ones that have completed their training. It also gives them their first opportunity to do their thing in a completely hostile environment that would love to catch them un-aware and pop them at the first chance.

I look forward to the first few killings. They will harden up and adjust their tactics or they won't. Either way, I now have a list of 2 others that would like to try the P.I. gig part time and that's plenty of extra man power for what we are doing, which is fairly simple to be honest.

So far the funniest thing I noticed (and we're not even in real null) is the star-struckness of my newer players when they run across familiar Alliance names. I have to keep busting their bubbles by reminding them that those alliances have THOUSANDS of members. They're not all fun and it's not likely you will be seeing DBRB or anything like that anytime soon, besides I hear he's quitting anyway.

That last statement keeps them occupied for a few minutes. I am as solo as I can get for a guy in a corp with a few members. I'm not in an alliance and probably will be one day, although it will be of my own making.

I recruit locally only, meaning so far, I know everyone very well in my corp. When I say local I mean, I'll be seeing them at the pub after work.

Eventually I will open a corp for New Eden players, of course that will be separate from the first one and will probably fall under that one in the alliance hierarchy when and if that ever happens. I've never been interested in holding on to sov. That road will be crossed eventually, but it's at least 5 years out before I finish my things I want to do in Eve list.

Overall, I am really enjoying my time in Eve. I'm not changing anything up to quickly, not until I'm bored again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment